Parasites are introduced into the human body in different ways. Over time, they manifest themselves in a wide variety of symptoms and signs. In order to get rid of and remove the pest guaranteed, it is necessary to conduct treatment with drugs and drugs prescribed according to the results of diagnostics.
The human body and organs are very attractive to a large number of parasites that inhabit them and use their resources. It is logical that at the same time the body itself receives less of the necessary nutrients and, moreover, becomes clogged with waste products of microorganisms. As a result, signs of malaise and severe external symptoms appear.
Some of the parasites are quite dangerous, others, despite a high concentration, have almost no effect on well-being, but it is important to identify them in time and take steps to remove them. How to get rid of parasites with the help of drugs, drugs and special means against them, we will consider further down in the article.
Types of parasites in the human body
If you neglect to wash your hands before eating or to eat unwashed vegetables and fruits, it's easy to addLamblia, a flagella parasite of microscopic size. In some cases, the introduction goes unnoticed because there are no obvious signs of worms in humans.
Hookwormenters the human body when walking barefoot on damp ground. Characteristic symptoms are skin irritation and rashes on the lower extremities. When the hookworm gets to the internal organs, the consequences are similar to the defeat of roundworms.
Children are more likely to "pick up"Pinworm, a worm that settles in the intestinal cavity. The characteristic manifestations of it are lack of appetite, fatigue, discomfort in the anus. Reproduction occurs by laying eggs in linen or folds on the surface of the skin. Children are given pinworm remedies with dirty toys, dishes, and linens. Pinworm in adults occurs after contact with infected things.
Tapeworm and beef tapewormget into a person with underprocessed meat, pigs, and cows. The most dangerous situation is the entry of larvae into the eyes and brain. The maximum dimensions of tapeworms reach 7 meters, and their lifespan is 15-20 years. Getting rid of the colonized tapeworms is quite difficult, even using strong drugs against them.
Toksokarabrought by pets. The carrier is a dog or cat who lives next to a person. Adults grow up to 0. 3 m long. Reproduction occurs through eggs, which come out with secretions and mature in the soil. In contact with such surfaces there is a risk of introducing Toxocara, which is widespread in all corners of the body. You can prevent the parasite by washing your hands regularly.
Echinococcusbrought by an animal or when eating unwashed berries. Echinococcosis disease poses an increased threat to children as the larvae are transmitted through the blood vessels and can settle anywhere, forming a characteristic cyst. Often times, Echinococcus is affected by:
- The lymph nodes
Penetrated insideroundwormcause the disease ascariasis. These worms settle easily in humans because when they interact with the soil they are transmitted with unwashed hands and uncooked water. The maximum size of roundworms reaches 0. 4 meters, they settle in the brain, capillaries, lungs, eyes and intestines. As a result of the action of parasites, symptoms appear:
- Bad digestion
- Allergic reaction
- Development of neurodermatitis, asthma, arthritis, seizures
- Sometimes the temperature rises
Has similar characterswide tapewormbrought with raw fish. In the body it remains in an overcrowded state, its length reaches a gigantic 10 meters. The presence of a wide tapeworm causes stomach pain, attacks of nausea, especially after waking up, weakness.
All of these parasites are dangerous to both adults and children. Hence, it is imperative to get rid of them by removing them in various ways.
Signs of the presence of parasites in the body
If spots appeared on the skin, became coarser, wrinkles, and acne appeared, this could be the first indication of the presence of the parasite. Cracks in the heels or brittle nails are often damage to the digestive system with lamblia or trichomonas.
Other early signs include a weak immune system, which makes a person prone to infections, sinus infections, symptoms of sinusitis, or tonsillitis.
In the male body, parasitic infection often manifests itself as cystitis, prostatitis, sand and stones in the bladder, erectile dysfunction problems, and the inability to conceive a child. Parasite damage to different parts of the brain has serious consequences.
Signs of parasites entering the female body are:
- Increased pain before menstruation
- Disturbed menstrual cycle
- Inflammatory process in the ovaries, adrenal glands
- Development of fibrocystic mastopathy
- Improper operation of the urine delivery system
If you do not undergo treatment and do not get rid of the pinworms in a timely manner, they can cause inflammation of appendicitis, symptoms of insufficient elimination and elimination of bile. When the lungs are infected, symptoms are similar to pneumonia or bronchitis. If you do not find the root cause of the disease and do not take anti-parasite drugs, the person will be treated incorrectly and the situation will only be made worse by the fact that the body will continue to weaken. In summary:
- The immunity drops
- All types of allergies develop
- The body weight drops sharply
- Skin pathologies arise that did not exist before
- The patient is plagued by constant fatigue and lack of strength
- There are signs of dysbiosis, anemia, vitamin deficiency, stool disorder in every direction
- The patient sleeps poorly
Symptoms of parasites in the human body
- constipationoccurs when bulky and long parasites that live in the intestines block the intestinal lumen or bile flow pathways.
- diarrheachases people when a worm has appeared in them, the discharge of which leads to loose stools.
- Bloated stomach and gasThese are signs of the presence of foreign organisms in the large and small intestines.
- Bowel irritationformed when lipid metabolism is disturbed, leads to constipation, diarrhea, cramps.
- Painful sensations from joints and muscles. . . This is a sign of a parasite that has settled in muscle structures or synovial fluid. Symptoms are similar to arthritis, but the inflammatory process is caused by the presence of a foreign object.
- Allergy symptomsoccur against the background of an acute reaction of the human body to the remains of the vital activity of parasites. In addition, the immune system is forced to produce a larger volume of cells that fight the microorganism, which leads to an increased allergic reaction.
- Rash on the skinmanifested by eczema, dermatitis, papillomas, ulceration.
- anemiaformed due to a lack of blood cells that feed on some worms that live in the intestines. The result is internal blood loss and symptoms of anemia.
- Weight gain or weight loss. . . Body weight increases when parasites ingest the glucose the human body needs. And the opposite is the case with metabolic disorders, to which the presence of foreign organisms inside leads.
- Contrasting psycho-emotional statesIn the form of increased excitability, irritability or depression, these are the consequences of the action of toxins produced by parasites that affect the central nervous system.
- sleep disordersThis is a characteristic symptom of worms. At night the liver cleanses toxic substances, which leads to "panic" in the case of "unexpected guests".
- Teeth grind in your sleep- a common sign of problems with the nervous system, more common in worms in children.
- Chronic fatigueoccurs due to a lack of essential substances that the body does not receive because they are ingested by parasites. It manifests itself in decreased memory, apathy and flu symptoms.
- Inflamed airwaysThis is a common sign of the existence of motile organisms in the body that have invaded the lungs, nasopharynx, and throat. As a result, this is manifested in symptoms of asthma, pneumonia, e. g. B. high fever, runny nose, and cough.
Consider symptoms based on the parasite's location in the body.
With the defeat of helminths that are more well known400 typesThey often get to a person's heart muscle and parasitize on it. Under such conditions, conditions for myocarditis occur when the muscle structure of the heart is in an inflammatory state. The first signs appear in 1-4 weeks. If the sick person is left untreated, symptoms can become chronic.
Under the surface of the skin
There is a special type of worm that causes helminthiasis living in the subcutaneous tissue. It is carried by mosquitoes and is called Dirofilaria. The subcutaneous parasite often brings with it various viruses and infections that it carries. Symptoms of the disease are subcutaneous lumps. A distinctive feature is the movement of the helminth when pressing on the seal from one of the sides.
The penetration of larvae into the eyelid leads to the appearance of a boil on the skin. When parasites move, this can be clearly felt. We list the diseases in the organs of vision caused by parasites:
- You can get ophthalmiasis in the tropical zone. After microscopic larvae penetrate under the skin surface of the eyelid, they pass through the conjunctiva and the lacrimal sac into the inner area of the orbit, which can lead to eye damage.
- With creeping myiasis, lines are visible on the eyelids that gradually elongate.
- The defeat of the mucosal larvae leads to conjunctival larvae granuloma. For treatment, it is necessary to surgically remove the parasite, there is no other option, for example, to get rid of it by special means.
Worms settle in the organs of the digestive tract. The main disadvantage of their presence is poisonous secretions that poison people. Toxicosis manifests itself in bad breath, bowel movements, loss of appetite and weight loss.
If such parasitic organisms are not removed, they will constantly increase their activity, which leads to an exacerbation of symptoms.
When parasites are released into the blood, they infect red blood cells, plasma, and white blood cells. The main representatives of this class of pests are trypanosomes and hemosporidia. Both types are unicellular.
Treatment of parasites
When choosing therapy, it is important to precisely determine:
- Type of microorganism
- Degree of damage, number of people, their size
- How long has the parasite lived in the body and how much has joined the inner "ecosystem" of a person
Based on the results of the answers to these questions, a specific drug against the pest is selected. Some of these drugs are allowed to be used prophylactically.
When choosing a particular drug, it is necessary to take into account how sensitive the parasite is to it. Restorative therapy is sometimes required after treatment to replenish lost functionality.
The main drugs that allow you to get rid of and cure a person include:
- Antihelminthics synthesized against a specific species
The choice of a particular active ingredient, its dosage and the duration of its administration are carried out by a professional doctor.
Medicines have a wide variety of side effects, which is why many of them are only available by prescription. In order to avoid a deterioration in the health situation, it is important to consider possible side effects. This is especially true for the elderly with chronic illnesses.
To make sure you get rid of the parasite and prevent relapse after successful treatment, you should pay more attention to your health and strengthen your immune system. After removing worms from the stomach and intestines, it is necessary to restore normal microflora in the organs.
In the course of treatment, it may be necessary to adjust the diet to facilitate digestion and saturate the body with useful substances, as well as to take antihistamines for acute allergies.
The best prevention is to avoid contact with anyone who may be a carrier. If parasites have lived in the human body for a long time, it is not easy to remove and get rid of them. Therefore, if there is a possibility of infection, the body must be examined and cleaned regularly.
We list the preventive measures to avoid the introduction of pests:
- personal hygiene
- Keep your home clean
- Compulsory processing of meat and fish at high temperatures
- Eat only washed berries, vegetables, fruits
- If you have pets, it is important to monitor their health.